What's happening in the blueberry FoodTech World

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Yoga-Girl 20th Anniversary!


Just back from a visit to my favorite (non-USA place on earth)--Taiwan.  Over a hot bowl of snake soup (yes you are reading this correctly) with old friends I was reminded that the North American Blueberry Council (NABC) started market development work in 1997.   (I have previously referred to 2000 which is the year that Mark Villata and myself visited Taiwan and our trade show booth was toppled by a major earthquake!)  This time I visited several of my old buddies who continue to import blueberries -- fresh, dried and now frozen!  I always remind them of our first meetings when we were told that "Asians do not like blueberries!"  On the walls of offices and warehouses I saw again and again  -- our famous "Yoga Girl" advertisement which was part of our initial campaign.   The ads appeared in Women's magazines and posters soon were developed for our first fresh promotions.   I was reminded that second third and fourth generation Yoga Girl posters are still produced and used and you will see them on the walls of produce terminals, and wholesale warehouses.

Well, it is 2017 and the Yoga Girl spirit remains.   Taiwanese associate blueberries with beauty, goodness and overall good karma!

This was a reminder to me from our boosters in Taiwan -- you got to have a message, you got to have friends and you got to have boots on the ground!



No comments:

Post a Comment